Monday 12 February 2007

Day 6 - Squares with Circles



Today I have drawn more than 200 diamonds and over 400 squares with circles and quite sick of the sight of them !
I have been concentrating on the outer rim of the plate, see photo. Although, I have now completed all the different motifs, where there are usually between 4 & 6 examples of a particular pattern, there still remain 6 sections of 200 diamonds to complete before I move into the flat body of the plate. These are hard to count. My fingers are cold and stiff. Torrential rain this morning, clouds and sun shine this afternoon.

Double click on image to see whole picture so far

2 comments:

Unknown said...

annabel - i am so impressed - you are blogging! this is a wonderful piece of work - there is something that reminds me of mah jong - all the beautifully pointless detail and ritual - amazing wonderwoman.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture with squares - looks like three dresses, all with diamond necklaces. Such attention to detail and care in translating this plate into drawings and a system. You are an example to me of taking care and time to do things.